Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wordle Worry


I just got the new poetry assignment, due tomorrow,
and I’m dizzy with fierce anxiety
like tendrils wrapped around my throat,
reminding me of that time I was shopping
at the Shoe Emporium on 44th and those
saffron-robed Krishnas nearly suffocated me with their chants.
I could barely get out of there!

I flinched (I may have even squalled)
reading the assignment, delivered early by email
before the crows were even up.
This is impossible! I’m too rusty!  It’s been a month
since one of these!
I know I sound like I’m over-reacting but who
expects me to wrap a fresh idea
around twelve required words,
pepper it with keen creativity and construct
a poem that reverberates with some meaning.

Who can do that?  Surely not me.  Definitely not me.




Today's "Wordle" prompt can be found here:
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1825651/Read_Write_Poem_NaPoWriMo_%2322


7 comments:

  1. Take a bow! You very cleverly included all 12 tricky words in your poem ... and created a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather face a wordle than Hare Krishna's any day :). A flawless job of handling this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from Therese B -- Delightful. I like the flush-right approach. It looks worried, somehow. Wrapped by tendrils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, dead good! clever little wordle!!

    ReplyDelete