Thursday, April 15, 2010

Esperanto Animals (Draft)


I’ve considered bees in Africa
who “zoem-zoem-zoem” across the steppe,

And roosters in Sevilla, Spain
whose “kikirikiki” make a typist flip.

Indonesian chickens seem to be the only fowl
with lips, “petok, petok.”

But where is this country Esperant
where dogs chase trucks with “boj-boj-boj?”

The Scottish donkey has it best,
the luscious greens makes it shout, “yes!”

And sacred Bengali cows sense their higher ground
and “hamba” rather than “mooo.”

I've heard that Turkish donkeys “a-iiii, a-iiii,”
and Spanish goats can fly, “bee-bee,”

But where is this land of Esperant
where donkeys blandly “ia?”

Though Polish chickens polka, “baqka,”
it’s the Urdu horses who share a laugh, “hee-hee”

and Russian horses seem to know
their occupation-“I go go.”

Except for the honking English,
the world’s geese know they “ga-ga-ga,”

But where is it the world
they speak this Esperanto?



The assignment today was to write something silly and make it into a silly song.  Well, I tried, though I don't have a tune.  I like my idea but it needs a lot of work, obviously. I must give credit to the website where I found all these translated animal sounds:www.lonympics.co.uk/AAAaC.htm

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this was really fun. Sings itself without a tune. And interesting link, thanks.

    ReplyDelete