Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Five Haikus for Max

I wrote these five haikus in response to the April 6 RWP prompt: Converse with Images. I was inspired by a photo of my (now grown) son's 3rd grade bedroom.


under the world map
pirates and paper parrots
boy’s journey begins

beige felt cowboy hat
worn to the big rodeo
the horses now glue

foreign coins in box,
place holders in the boy’s life
bookmark memories

a shell abacas
from Mexico counts the time
between his visits

marbles and pastels
in the land of make-believe
color my son’s dreams

4 comments:

  1. Marie,
    They all are just lovely! Especially the one about Mexico. Which where I live, Yay!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I just love the last one! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and nostalgic. I too have a grown son, and feel that same nostalgia looking at old pictures.

    ReplyDelete