Monday, April 5, 2010

Poet's Lament

This poem is in response to RWP#5 on April 5: Making poetry personal as in giving it a name, a personality. Here’s my jab at it:


Poet’s Lament


Leave me alone! I’m sleeping!
Have you no manners?
Quit interrupting my conversations with your stupid, childish ideas.
I’ve heard them before.
You bore me!
You’re relentless.
Impatient. Disagreeable.
Hungry for attention.
It’s always about you, you, you.
Nag, nag, nag.
You give me headaches.
Stomach aches.
Migraine, even.
Are you the one that puts the dark circles under my eyes?
Those crop circles that grow while I sleep?
It is you.
You’ve made me cancel plans with my friends.
I’ve ignored my family.
You get inside my head and you bug me, bug me, bug me.
Never satisfied.
Never enough!
You jabber with your nonsense, your cliché’s and your tired couplets, rhymes and similes.
I know what you’re like!
You’re a pain in the brain.
I know who you are.
You’re the poem I haven’t written.

2 comments:

  1. yr link isn't workin and found round bout sorta way... i love yr poem!!!! your the poem i haven't written awesome!! happy day 5 file and forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome! Love the "you jabber" line. (Your comment link is really slow.)

    ReplyDelete