Saturday, April 24, 2010

Joseph

 
He’s right as rain,
my cup of joe,
the apple of my eye.

He gets my goat
but when the going's rough
he’s my stand-up guy.

To love this kid
is a piece of cake.
He's top drawer
for Heaven's sake!

So if you have any doubts
let me tell you, I know,
you can’t hold a candle to
my cup of joe.


Today's prompt is here:  http://readwritepoem.org/blog/2010/04/24/napowrimo-prompt-24-find-a-phrase/   Using phrases, cliche's, idioms.

9 comments:

  1. It's amazing how many cliche's we use in our day-to-day lives. I guess that's how that got to be idioms. I like the goat/kid combo here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s so sweet! I love it! Oh my, I learned a lot of idioms on your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one! Fun use of multiple cliches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Expressive and impressive use of idioms. Endearing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.....sweet!
    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. from Therese B -- very loving! Are there any cliches about Max? ;)

    ReplyDelete