Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Perfection and ImperfEction

Perfection

from spring’s umber muck
emerge pristine daffodils
trimmed in yellow frills





ImperfEction


I mak mistakes constantly
wile typing up my poms-
I leave out puncuation
as my concentation roams-

my fingrs miss the keys I want
and land on ones I don’t intend-
I use the homonymn instead
when spell-check tries to mend-

i hope my meening gets across at least,
the feelings and the mood
or you might think me carelesses
and my inatention rude.


But rally its just ADD,
senillity or worse
that causes me to fumbel so
and scarmbel up my verse.





Today's prompt suggests writing a poem about perfection or imperfection.

10 comments:

  1. from Therese B. -- love both of them! My flaws are on account of senility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frst hykoo is grate. The seknd pome craks meup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one-two punch;
    I was gonna type 1/2, but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection times 2! Well done!!! Your imperfection poem made me chuckle ... just what my uninspired self needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first haiku is so true, and the the second pome is wundrfull! It's so nice to have a day where we can claim all the errors in our poems were put there deliberately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect--ha ha! Both wonderful, but especially enjoyed the sekond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really clever. It reminds me of this Taylor Mali piece you might enjoy:

    (video)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OonDPGwAyfQ

    (transcript)http://www.taylormali.com/index.cfm?webid=30

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great offerings; the beautiful simplicity of the daffodil and the self-deprecating humour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them both, but that imperfection one's great!

    ReplyDelete