The high room,
the bright light,
the plentiful mirrors,
had collected the music,
swollen and loud,
angry and burning,
in a way that astonished her ear
and thrilled the day.
Check out "Erasures" at the website http://www.wavepoetry.com/ to see how I created this "found poetry." These words came from a piece called "Pointed Roofs" by Dorothy Miller Richardson, but I left out a few of hers to "find" this poem. Thanks to We Write Poems for this prompt.
Oh Marie! This well executed piece is my favorite so far. It's perfect!
ReplyDeleteMarie, this is lovely; bright and crisp.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've just gone off Brenda! :0)
this is beautiful -- not be an echo -- but it is!
ReplyDeleteI can picture a room full of light and sound and music.
Like this very much. I couldn't stop with a good poem, but had to keep including more. Great restraint!
ReplyDeleteWell selected words for a great poem Marie!
ReplyDeletePamela
Marie, clear, elegant choices. Loved it!
ReplyDeleteI'm puzzled. Is the "her" of the poem the virtuoso, or someone else? You've inspired me to erase even more from my next attempt and come up with something so sparse and yet so intriguing.
ReplyDeleteIt's a treat to see all the different interpretations, and yours is so nicely executed.
ReplyDeleteWell, then. You took words from a piece of really awful writing and created a wonderfully concrete piece of poetry. Bravo to you, Marie.
ReplyDeleteWell done I thought. Concise yet evocative. Thanks Marie.
ReplyDeleteThank you to everyone who commented. To Mr. Walker-I guess its up to you if the "her" of the poem is the virtuoso or one who is listening. It works either way, I think.
ReplyDeleteWOW. I am amazed at what you did with this. So small, so concise, so exact a picture of a moment. You did well in your choice of words.
ReplyDelete-Nicole
from Therese B. -- I love the image of mirrors collecting music! I like the title, too.
ReplyDelete