Wednesday, May 5, 2010

POW Prompt # 1





words like bullets aimed
at our brains keep poetry 
prisoners marching on



This haiku is a response to a prompt on the new "Poetry On Wednesday" website found here:http://rallentanda.blogspot.com/2010/05/pow-prompt-1.html

11 comments:

  1. Nicely! I think we're all prisoners of poetry!

    Words like bullets is a sharp image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I like the idea of prisoners of poetry as well. We can all attend poetry rehab together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These words give a short, sharp, shock! My words certainly hold me hostage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong imagery "bullets aimed at our brains"
    Well done.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you here! Yes, like Derrick says, this is a powerful description, but it's true that words have such an incredibly strong impact on our thoughts and our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Lately I've felt hostage to this poetry thing. Its nice to see all the familiar faces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant analogy in this poem of yours! It's great to keep connected through our poetry. I've written more in the last month than ever before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch! and I thought I felt some pressure to deliver. But sometimes, isn't like we ourselves hold the weapon? I know when I feel this way it's me forcing myself onward. So glad to hear your voice here and again.
    JDM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geez, I don't know how this one got by me. Sunning work, as others have pointed out. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uhh.. "Stunning" work, I meant.

    ReplyDelete